Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Royal Loyale

Crazyeights

I had to cut the boot retainer off of the linkage rod otherwise it would not clear the driveline. Then I had to cut back the rubber bellows section so it didn't rub on the driveline. That's why I added some additional layers of plastic and insulation to help keep noise and moisture out of the inside. The rest is just stock bits and pieces that I have saved over the years. I'm not sure what model that shifter trim came from. I guess I lucked out finding a combination that fits and looks good. I tried to give enough pictures, but I will add some more soon.

Thank you for looking ;)

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/151809-1993-loyale-build/

Thats my whip! Nothing happening right now with it just sitting, need to get my motorcycle figured out first and then will get to work on this.

Seems like there might be an xt6 in Bellingham I may go raid for parts and do the 5 lug swap as the first big upgrade with new suspension.

• 5 years later...

I am just about ready to put the EJ22T in my Loyale. This step is about 5 years overdue! The wiring is finally done. I am going to need a down pipe from the turbo to the rest of the exhaust. Is there an "off the shelf" down pipe from some other Subaru model that will work? I have an EJ22T turbo flange if I have to have one custom made. I also have a stock EA82T down pipe but it won't fit on the 22T's turbo. Any ideas short of having it towed to the exhaust shop? Thanks for any advice.

Edited by Crazyeights
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2020 at 10:09 AM, carfreak85 said:

I have the flange and downturn of an aftermarket downpipe if you'd like that to start your custom downpipe.  Located near Seattle, happy to ship it to you.

That's really nice of you. Do you have a picture of it? How much do you want for it?