Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pictures of EA82 Manuel Seat Belt Setup (A and B-Pillar)

So I'm gonna swap out the Power seat belts in the Loyale with manual ones, I've noticed the upper B-pillar plastic is different where it the lower B-pillar cover and meets the head liner, so I will need to swap that out as well. I want to see what else is different.

I know I will also need the swap out the A-Pillar cover (The one that runs down the side of the Windshield)

Just some good pictures of everything in that general area would be cool with me.

Thanks,

-Tom

Edited by TheLoyale

Pardon my threadjack Tom, but this brings up my question that I posed to you in PM as well :)

Does anyone know if its possible to swap early EJ belts into a 3rd gen EA?  I want to switch the interior over to black or grey, and since I am picking up the EJ belt receivers from Tom here, I'm wondering what the differences are between my factory belts and the EJ belts (mainly if I can swap the entire setup, retractors and all in or if I will have to swap the EJ belts into my EA retractors).  My 3rd gen has manual belts from factory and I plan to keep them that way.  Is it possible?

No worries on the threadjack man, if we can kill two birds with one stone, go for it!

Yes, that picture works perfectly! Now I see how the A-pillar is a single piece with the trim that runs above the door(s) The Power belt setup is a little different, my B-pillar cover goes over the top trim piece instead of mating up to it.

Heres a pic.

2014_0416AB.jpg

Manual Vs. Power

2014_0416AA.jpg