Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2015 Outback - Bye bye 3 pedals

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nickb21

nickb21

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • Hunterdon County

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

Has this been posted here yet?

http://www.subaru.co...ase-4.17.14.pdf

I suppose it was only a matter of time for them to eliminate the manual, too bad.

#2 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,832 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

Where does it say that it won't be available with a manual?

The automatic has been standard equipment since 2005 IIRC. Manuals were optional.

#3 upnorthguy

upnorthguy

New User

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • Northern Virginia

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

This sunset of manuals came up in another post a month or two ago, IIRC.

#4 heartless

heartless

Do YOU Subaru?

• Members
  • 2,741 posts
  • North Central Wisconsin

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

All 2015 Outback models come standard with the Lineartronic ® CVT (continuously variable transmission), which features paddle - shift control switches and helps
boost fuel economy significantly.

While this might suggest there is no manual transmission - it does not say that a manual isnt an option....only time will tell I guess...

#5 Scooner

Scooner

New User

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • Cheyenne, Wyoming

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

When we were in the process of buying our 13' Outback last june i noticed that every outback they had was an automatic. We ended up with the auto CVT transmission with steering wheel paddle shifters and it does good, its just hard to get used to as it never really shifts. In manual mode it really makes the motor come alive with those paddle shifters! I don't think you can even buy a new pickup now days with a manual, that's the fun of driving i think.

#6 Stelcom66

Stelcom66

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Vernon CT

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

I knew it - too bad.. Thought there wouldn't be a manual offered since that was the case with the upcoming Legacy. I do like the new Outback though. Not that I'm in the market for a new Subaru, I like my 2002 Forester 5MT very much. 

Scooner: "I don't think you can even buy a new pickup now days with a manual, that's the fun of driving i think." ....I think the only full size new 4WD pickup truck with a manual transmission is the Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.9L Cummins diesel.  

upnothguy - Nice '95 Legacy S. My son has a '95 S Sedan. I'll guess it's got about 178k miles. Great 2.2L engine 

#7 ChipE

ChipE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Chippewa Falls WI

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

You can buy 2015 Outback in Canada with manual transmission.

Chip

#8 tomrx1

tomrx1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

I just ordered a 2015 Forester 2.5 Premium with 6 speed manual....6 speed is the standard trans. with CVT optional  in the Premium trim level....Forester models only..

tom

#9 Stelcom66

Stelcom66

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Vernon CT

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

Good choice. The CVT does a good job in the company vehicle that I have, a 2WD Jeep Patriot that averages 28+ mpg this time of year. I look forward to driving my 2002 5MT Forester. Somewhat crude by today's standards, it's practical and enjoyable to drive.

#10 Stevo F

Stevo F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Virginia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:32 PM

I know they did away with the automatic (replaced by the CVT) on the Impreza by 2014. I also got the Premium version because it at least has the paddle shifters (I found out the base version with CVT doesn't have them). I need to be able to downshift manually when the snow and ice return.

I like the CVT takes a little getting used to the acceleration curve, but good MPG's (any Subie that averages over 30 MPG is good by me). Still like driving the 5 speed manual OBS on days when i don't drive the new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users