Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ej22 swap wiring help needed

Okay so I'm reading numbchux write up thought I understood it but am now utterly confused on exactly what wires need to be pulled out, do I need anything coming from the steering wheel? Or anything from that beige thing connected to the fuse box. It's my first ej swap and am just a little frazzled

I take it you're stripping the harness out of a donor car? What i did with both my swaps was take a hammer and bust the dash all up so i could get to all of the wires easily and then just went about labeling then unplugging from certain areas in the dash, the main wires you need are the ones going into the engine compartment for all of the engine sensors. I'd maybe start from the engine compartment and move back, (take off the driver fender) then you can follow those to the SMJ. If you need to PM me with your number and i can send you some pics, my first EJ swap was a complete F-SHOW. haha

Also, you dont need any wires from the steering wheel, remember you're after that ECU and the wires that go to the engine.

Get the ECU out and follow those wires out, alot of different things splice power off of other things and seems tricky but it's not bad. I have a great pin out wiring diagram at home that can help.

Personally, i got the ECU out and left about 2 feet of wire off of every plug and just cut them, then in the engine compartment i did the same thing cut the plugs all off with a foot to spare and made my own harness out of new wire and shielded wire for the sensors.

I will probably think of more as it comes to me, got me excited i loved the wiring part!