Ultimate Subaru Message Board

3d gen wagon, sources of ignition on +12V power in cabin?

While my entire interior is torn out, I've decided to get around to finally installing the Gentex-177 auto-dimming/compass/temperature rear view mirror I pulled from a pick'n'pull back in Colorado. What wires are my options to tap into as a source of ignition-on +12 volts power?

The obvious one I can think of is tapping into the ignition-on in the stereo pigtail, but I'm trying to avoid hacking that up anymore than it already has been. Is there an ignition power source in the the wiring for the power window control relay, or maybe the digital clock (I know the clock has constant power to keep time, but it has to have power that tells it to illuminate)? Any sources, preferably on the passenger side of the car, will do.

*1988 GL 4wd d/r wagon

Thanks for the info, but it's now a moot point......I've moved to running all of the wiring for the mirror through the firewall in one neat harness bundle, and will probably tap into the radiator fan relay. I already had to run the wires for the temp sensor that way, so it made more sense to just run all of them into the engine bay and keep it very neat and tidy.