Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 65 Chevy C10

I've had this truck since Jan. 1991 when I bought from two guys who had dragged it out of a horse corral in Chino, CA where it had been buried up to its axles in horse tockey. Since that time I have replaced the 327 SBC engine with a 350, replaced the TH350 with a TH400, upgraded the brakes to disc front & later drums rear, power steering. Everything but bodywork & paint.

Now its time to replace the old cancerous sheet metal with refurbished stuff. Found a cab up in Lucerne Valley, bed, fenders, bumper, grill & other parts locally. Because I just don't have the space nor the spray booth I opted to hand the work over to a local smaller body shop with a good reputation. Now that the old girl is back home, I get to replace all the wiring, brake & other lines, etc. It won't be a frame up restoration, but it will be a custom with a old school look.

A  383 SBC making 440 ft-lbs(it was dyno'ed), 700R4 with HD parts & manual 4th switch, 72 C10 tilt column steering with a sport steering wheel, Auto Meter classic gauges in a custom dash panel. White oak bed wood with satin black bed strips & unpolished stainless hardware. Bed interior painted with black splattercoat trunk liner.

This is why I haven't been posting much in the Subaru forum for awhile. ;D

More will be revealed later. 

Edited by czny
  • Like 1

Thanks!

There are some defects in the paint job that will be addressed after the drivetrain, etc are back in place. Already found some bad prep in places that were just careless. This is what happens to the industry when insurance adjusters get priority over body shops - always in a rush.

Edited by czny

"Droooooooool........ Wow... With I had the time to do this to my 69.... Looks amazing!"

Two tone original colors for '65 - 522 white & 521 gray. Will change over to 8 lug front spindles & Dana 60 later then some nice Centerline wheels. :D

• Like 1