Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thanks Tom & ?. A couple weekends I picked up a door for my '99 Sedan and it came off a 97 wagon, so I was hoping for the same luck with Impreza. Had to swap the wire harness and all as the 97 didn't have power door lock switch. I hate those little pastic clippy thingies~ all my black wire ties were passez, so I just anchored with electrical tape. Today, was able to reupholster the back of the back seat for the impreza...starting to breakdown the bottom of the seat. I reused the center stripe accent, reused welt, made new headrest welt out of the old slate vinyl and the black is Cordura :)

• Like 1

Changing the door handles is fun, I had to on my Legacy buy wanted to use the original handle for the ease of one key. Those plastic clips that hold the release and lock rods are kinda tricky, and the nuts which hold the handle to the door. We'll just say, its a fun learning experience.

By the way, since you have the other thread in the Members Rides section, might as well post some pics when you get a chance :)

• Like 1

You can remove just lock from the inside~it's held in with an e ring (e clip) if I remember. I will confess, I puttered on that door swap all day that day...removing everything except the glass in the "new" and salvaging everything from the old and installing it~ I'll post pics of the reupholstery work I'm doing for the Impreza. The headliner is loaded with punctures. Pretty sure he gave his goats rides :)

• Like 1