Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4x140 to 4x114 adapters

So I've been looking for a set of adapters in the aforementioned size, with little avail, just custom one off pieces that cost a ton. I was doing some thinking today and since I got a new job at a performance shop here in Minnesota called Modern Automotive Performance, I have many more resources to my disposal. One of the perks of the job is a machine shop, which I can make my own set at, Since most era correct wheels for my EA82 are 4x114, I was thinking 4x114.

I was going to keep the hub ring size the stock size for simplicity, as far as materials my plan at the moment is to mill them out of aluminum and use some ARP extended wheel studs. Now I'm wondering if anyone else would be interested in these because after I make my set I'll have a blueprint and a prototype model to base off of. If I do make more than one set I was going to go with 4x114, instead of the usual 5x100 since there are more options in 4x114.

Anyway, Would anyone be interested in a set of these if they were mass produced?

MODS: if you want to move this feel free, I couldn't think of a better location

Edited by AWD J3wman

And how far out are you expecting the tyres to sit?

The offset is already pretty large on these cars. And you're going to need at least 20mm thickness on your adaptor to bolt them onto the hub, and then have the new studs retained...

99% of people I've seen either re-drill the standard hubs, or redrill 6x140 rims.

Of course, if you could reproduce the factory part, that's a different story.

And especially if you could do one for the rear to suit the disc brake rear end which has a spline then I'm sure you'll have a ready market for people wanting to convert to rear discs. The 4wd hub is the hardest thing to find (ie almost impossible).

Edited by wagonist