Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Near-Paranormal Subaru Phenomena - #1

Once upon a time, I had a 1st Gen 1979 Subaru Brat. - Actually, I had a few, but that's another story....

One fine day, I was busy doing whatever on/to/with my beloved Brat, having opened a cold, fresh soda, when I got a calll and had to go somewhere for some important thing, had left a 1/2 - 3/4's full soda in the only place you can really set one in the bed f an old Subaru, right next to the gas filler tube, an area about 6 inches square, or thereabouts.

In those days, (and soon again, lol) I had my own unique method of driving in-town that I would refer to as "ON-Roading".

Eseentially, how you guys might drive out on the open dirt, that';s how I drove on city streets.

Some people said that I drove like a Martial Artist on a driving rampage, others said I drove my Subaru like some people fly planes, but all agreed that in that Subaru brat, I was hell on wheels. I did not drive gently, lol.

When I had finished with my task, I noticed that mostly full can of soda, still standing almost exactly where I had left it, unspilled.

Subarus..... They are not just special, they are nearly paranormal! - and THE Finest vehicle ever made, as far as I am concerned!

Crazy! I've driven over ten miles on the highway (60mph) and through town to my house to find my gas cap ( tiny little aluminum gas cap ) on the roof if my GL in the exact spot I left it. First thing out of my mouth; "No Fu#%ing way." Haha gotta love it