Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Near-Paranormal Subaru Phenomena - #4 - Doing Wheelies!

- (Sorry, this should actually be #5, but I cannot seem to edit the title.)

How do you make a normal everyday Subaru Brat do wheelies?

The Subaru Brat is categorized as a 1/8th Ton pickup. Not much payload eh?

Once upon a time I landed a deal where I would strip old Control Data disk drives bigger than a washing machine, sort the parts, and I could keep certain hardware, including the aluminum "Plattens", which were a sort of secondary frame on which most of the components were mounted.

Each of these weighed 86 pounds of pure aluminum, well worth my time, as I was stripping several of these drives in a day.

Each day I would then commute home, with as many of these aluminum slabs as possible. I did not do the math on the weight yet, but noticed that under certain circumstances the front end was a bit light, and if I puncjed the gas, I could do a bit of a wheelie!!! WEEEEEE!!!!

I later did the math and learned that I was hauling over 1,300 pounds of aluminum at a time! Just a little more than the max rating for the vehicle, lol. Each time I went home with this stuff, I would stop by another friends' house just to bet them I could make my Brat do a wheelie, and imagine thier eyes when I did it! It was not a big or extreme wheelie, but a wheelie to be sure none-the-less!

I had stacks and stacks of these aluminum slabs, and they brought me a lot of money, but I was more thrilled about being able to do a whellie in my little Subaru Brat!

Edited by Subaruist
  • Like 1