Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Greetings from West "by god" Virginia

Hey guys, new to the knowledge of Subarus but recently started driving my 2002 Forester S again and I must say, what a brute!! I would like to gain advise and knowledge from you guys and start bugging out my Subrina! I will get some photos of her ASAP but just wanted to introduce myself!

woah - from the "cutest small town in america" or something like that!?

I know the son of the owner of Satch's Auto Repair outside lewisburg and some other jokers from down there.

good car - get a fresh coolant change and Subaru's Coolant Conditioner for $2.50 a bottle to mitigate headgasket issues on that engine.  they have significant headgasket issues - but properly maintained and kept in check you may never have to repair them.

1. get fresh coolant in it

2.  add that conditioner

3.  repeat if you see signs of external leakage on the bottom of the heads - add two bottles and that should get it to stop.

a complete timing belt kit is wise too for 100,000 mile reliabiliy and longevity.  they're only $120 on amazon and rockauto for complete timing belt, tensioner, and all three pulleys.

Swapped out the starter motor today. Also found your post about the FWD fuse after doing putting the fuse in and man what a different feeling car. Don't plan on having it in long just seeing what the fuss was about. Thanks for the advise Gary!

From one newb to another, Hello! Where in WV are you? Its my home state and with a Suby, its that much more fun. Unfortunately, we just moved to Maryland and it is flat! No fun, at least the area we are in, St. Michaels on the Eastern Shore about mid way up the Bay. I mean, its a beautiful area but nowhere to let the Subies run wild and climb and do all the things Subarus do in their natural environment, know what I mean? If I had the wrx  now that would be a different story.

Anyway, welcome. Im a lurker here mostly (member since 08 and only 1 post) but we have been driving Subies for the past 8 years.

How about you?