Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Photo Trip Report: Cobaw Forest, Victoria, Austrlia **Epic # of pics**

el_freddo

G'day all,

I've been lucky enough to get out bush again for a few hours this time after our commemoration  of the sacrafices our armed force's personnel make to allow us to do and have what we have today.  This occurs every year on the 25th of April -  ANZAC day.

I started with the dawn service at Mt Macedon with my brother - we camped out to avoid the new bus system.  It was once again a good and moving ceremony.

Then at 12pm I met up with Subaruby (silver foz) and Deadman (white foz).  Subaruby was in a stock foz, Deadman's foz is a stock 2L drivetrain and wheel combination with a 2 inch strut lift, custom front bar with winch.  My L series - Ruby Scoo - has EJ22, 4.11 ratio diffs with front LSD and centre locking awd L box, 3 inch lift and 27 inch tyres.

Here are the pics, enjoy - feel free to make up your own captions.  It was an awesome day out!

uxpo.jpg

o80s.jpg

de3s.jpg

e1np.jpg

w2ahl.jpg

tme2.jpg

izmm.jpg

a7sg.jpg

5bpz.jpg

1g6y.jpg

x836.jpg

m7ns.jpg

iurb.jpg

4em8.jpg

d78v.jpg

eto4.jpg

vkzc.jpg

a7ss.jpg

y9qs.jpg

er13.jpg

o7zt.jpg

0iom.jpg

0sq6.jpg

p367.jpg

14z5.jpg

8th1.jpg

jee58.jpg

vufr.jpg

xy0s.jpg

yckn.jpg

l3nr.jpg

1nza.jpg

vgln.jpg

vp4b.jpg

3bdh.jpg

4roz.jpg

nm8e.jpg

u829.jpg

35a8.jpg

7vvu.jpg

q06r.jpg

sgrx.jpg

taaq.jpg

aw3v.jpg

1iyh.jpg

4o15.jpg

431l.jpg

s2ar.jpg

suw3.jpg

mtgjk.jpg

8thi.jpg

bl6r.jpg

aqjo.jpg

vjml.jpg

p2d2.jpg

z9f8.jpg

p1ua.jpg

6gvd.jpg

7qmc.jpg

dcaa.jpg

6e6v.jpg

ctv5.jpg

ow92.jpg

3h8r.jpg

idlu.jpg

r3ft.jpg

b780.jpg

ajsg.jpg

Tracks hit up: Pole Tk, Camp Tk, Soil Pit Tk.

From here Subaruby departed.

Then Reily's fire break tk, some random fire track, Croziers loop tk, another random track or two before popping out on Mooney's Lane to end the day's session.

Thanks to Subaruby and Deadman for coming for the day. Apologies for not having done a reccie before the day as the tracks had severely changed since I was last in the area!

Cheers

Bennie

Cobaw State Forest: -37.239759,144.629173

• Like 4

It was awesome fun.  So much so that I went out again the next day with a Canadian mate to film a particular track that the camera stopped filming due to me stalling...  Here it is here:

That mob of Land Rovers had just come down the track - almost 2 hours later they were still there with the last two vehicles waiting half way up the track - I'm sure they must have had lunch first!

There was a request on another forum to "make sure you take some pics" - so I made sure of that!  I had about 300, mostly sequences as you can see with Deadman's forester later in the pics.

Cheers

Bennie