Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1987.5 -EA82T- fuel pump relay?

hey everyone,

this has been happening every time I start my 87.5 GL turbo recently.. as soon as I turn the ignition on to pressurize fuel, there's a relay above the boost solenoid that steadily clicks and keeps the pump going and doesn't stop pumping until I start it. I don't know what it is but would assume its the fuel pump relay since my 87.1 RX doesn't get fuel unless I use the one from my GL. what I'm trying to find out is where I can get one, because everywhere I've searched I cannot find it.

the only numbers/letters on it are- JECS A15-000R00 (stamped) and 7413NA (black ink)

Don't be too worried if the pump is continuing to run. The fuel will just circulate around the system. There was a problem with the earthing of the fuel pump on the pre 87 models. Dunno about the later models, Aus never got a turbo post 87

I'm gonna take it all apart later today and make sure which one is making the sound

the fuel pump doesn't stop pumping if I just leave the key on without it running.. like it doesn't stop once pressurized

This isn't correct.  Something is powering the pump just by the key.

Check the fuel pump relay....green connector above the column.......next to the ignition relay.......it may be stuck or jumpered.