Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 loyale issue

91 5 speed wagon not sure if 4x4 or not haven't received car yet [free]  the owner that's giving it to me ran it completely out of gas now when they start it runs ok when barely giving it gas but if you push the pedal down while driving under load engine misses and carries on. they seem to think since it was ran bone dry some junk in the tank is sucking up when you mash down on the throttle. my info is 2nd hand as i have not seen the vehicle. new to the board and posted in wrong thread earlier. any help or suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

change the filter by the tank and the vapor seporator canister in the engine bay drivers side. may need to blow the fuel lines out. buy several rear filters and keep them onhand, as well as the tools required to change them, youll be doing this a few times.

change the filter by the tank and the vapor seporator canister in the engine bay drivers side. may need to blow the fuel lines out. buy several rear filters and keep them onhand, as well as the tools required to change them, youll be doing this a few times.

+1, definitely a fuel issue