Ultimate Subaru Message Board

OK, a search on Google several places are saying around 140 on the ej18. I'm hoping your test was incorrect or something wasn't reading right. Hopefully someone who knows that engine ( if this is what you have) will chime in with what compression should be.

OK, a search on Google several places are saying around 140 on the ej18. I'm hoping your test was incorrect or something wasn't reading right. Hopefully someone who knows that engine ( if this is what you have) will chime in with what compression should be.

Whoops! I read my notes wrong in my phone...the compression was between 175 and 180 psi not 75 and 80...sorry about that. Were you able to find anything on vaccum pressure and/or fuel pressure. I still havent been able to find specs on those either...maybe I'm googling the wrong keywords.

Edited by cascadeclimbn

Never mind , we must have been tyoung at same time lol. Looks lime your golden then on the compression. Vaccum sounds right at sea level. Fuel pressure looks real good as well. How did it run since your last test drive when it done well? Feel free to give me a call at 719-238-0917 if u want.

• Like 1

Never mind , we must have been tyoung at same time lol. Looks lime your golden then on the compression. Vaccum sounds right at sea level. Fuel pressure looks real good as well. How did it run since your last test drive when it done well? Feel free to give me a call at 719-238-0917 if u want.

It seemed to run "fine". Good I suppose. The car has had things wrong with it since I bought it so I dont really have anything to compare it too as far as what it's supposed to feel like power wise but it does seem to still feel a little underpowered...it does have 240k mi on it though. But overall, the last 175 hwy mi it has run well with no issues other than just feeling slightly underpowered..also the trans shifts just a little hard from 1st to second...but that's about it. Ill still plan to clean the egr valve tomorrow and I'm going to also change the oil. Any other recommendations on things to clean or look at while im cleaning the egr?

Just any hoses etc having to do with your pcv and egr as it looks like you've covered about everything else. My 03 isn't turbo and by far is no powerhouse but mines a manual tranny and it does plenty enough power up and down the mountain pass every day of the week. I have driven turbo ones that seem to have a bit of pep to them. Hoping you have it straightened out. Mine sure don't like anything being off that's for sure.

When was your front O2 sensor last replaced?  Does the misfire only occur when engine warm, not when cold?  If so, suspect your front O2 sensor.

No idea when the O2 sensor was replaced as I just bought the car a couple months ago. It did only misfire when warm and never when cold. But, since changing the fuel filter and pcv valve a few days ago I haven't had any problems out of it and I have put another 400 miles on it from a fishing trip the last couple days...so I think I fixed it (with much help from the folks on this forum).

Edited by cascadeclimbn