Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"Just EJ it" a different look at this

Ah Gloyale... We meet again XD just being funny man

Honestly I didn't see that post on the EJ18, had the page loaded and got side tracked. That's 20hp over an EA82 ain't it?

I-5... EA82... 90... Does JBLM to Rochester count as mountainous? Lol once and NEVER again, these things aren't race cars...

Edited by TallonX

NZ then???   I thought those Kiwis talked about carbed EJ18s.

Like I said.....we replaced the old EA 1.8 with an EJ 1.8 in my girlfriends car, and in my wheeler.....

Even with the same displacement, you get better, more reliable power for marginally more weight.  And you can still get good parts anywhere for the EJ not true for the EA anymore.

They might have whilethey still had an industry assembling knock down kits, but I think that went south in the early 90s. After that, their design rules allowed in Japanese cars in directly with no modifications (unlike here), so there market got flooded with cheaper 2nd hand Japanese cars.

As the carb models were the very low end with manual windows, mirrors, non-painted bumpers (basically aimed at non 1st world markets), the Japanese wouldn't really accept this...

Might be a few, but it'd be rare, and even more so nowadays.

• Like 1