Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My 2014 Hybrid Touring

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 weebee

weebee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Newark, New york

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:32 AM

Put myself in debt for another 5 years! I drove my new Hybrid Touring home yesterday. I love it! I had a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid and got rid of it after having a accident with it 6 years ago. And was thinking for a long time on getting another Hybrid. After doing a lot of reading I convinced myself to look at a non-Ford vehicle, I haven't owned anything other in 25 years. After test driving a few different Subaru models I was amazed at the build quality of this company. So, after taking my new car home, a 30 mile drive with the NAV unit telling me where to go in Spanish, a issue I resolved when I got home. I quickly fell in love with my new ride. I added a couple of options that they were able to install right away. I bought a auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass. And cross bars for the roof rack.

Attached Files

#2 sambog

sambog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:46 AM

How do you like the nav?

#3 subeman90

subeman90

Soobologist

• 2,786 posts
  • Akron PA

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

well congrats to you!  nice ride.

#4 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,138 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

I read somewhere that you'll have to drive 350,000 miles to save enough money on gas to justify the extra cost of buying a hybrid.  doh.

#5 sambog

sambog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:16 PM

I was driving an Infiniti G35 and the best mileage is 19 mpg for my daily commute to work on 80% freeway and 20% local road. I am very happy with the Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid to get 35 mpg and on good days, I can even get 40 mpg. I could get lower price for Toyota Prius hybrid but don't like the design and I am happy with my Subaru Hybrid which I paid for $23,959 (+ tax) at 0% interest rate. I  wanted leather seats but I don't like the Nav so I opted for non-touring and was happy with the roof rack, all-weather floor mat, rear seat protector and the leather steering wheel and gear knob. Overall it was a good deal but I wish the dealer would throw in stuff like cargo net which I to pay separately. (hint: cheaper to buy cargo net online)

#6 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,138 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:11 AM

Indeed, cheaper elsewhere.  They sell those divider boxes for the cargo area for 60 bucks at the dealership.  10.99 at Harbor freight for the same exact one, but it doesn't say Subaru on it.  lol

#7 Flyfsher1

Flyfsher1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Lewiston, ME

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:10 PM

Hey... I am new here and a proud new owner of a 2014 CrossTrek Hybrid Touring.... I absolutely love it...the color...the handling...all the electronics....  I am

interested in installing a tow hitch and roof bars.  It is possible to tow a small 4x8 trailer with my lawn tractor?? or snow blower?? 

Thanks!!!  Cheers!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users