Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 2014 Hybrid Touring

weebee

Put myself in debt for another 5 years! I drove my new Hybrid Touring home yesterday. I love it! I had a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid and got rid of it after having a accident with it 6 years ago. And was thinking for a long time on getting another Hybrid. After doing a lot of reading I convinced myself to look at a non-Ford vehicle, I haven't owned anything other in 25 years. After test driving a few different Subaru models I was amazed at the build quality of this company. So, after taking my new car home, a 30 mile drive with the NAV unit telling me where to go in Spanish, a issue I resolved when I got home. I quickly fell in love with my new ride. I added a couple of options that they were able to install right away. I bought a auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass. And cross bars for the roof rack.

post-53238-0-52531000-1399365150_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was driving an Infiniti G35 and the best mileage is 19 mpg for my daily commute to work on 80% freeway and 20% local road. I am very happy with the Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid to get 35 mpg and on good days, I can even get 40 mpg. I could get lower price for Toyota Prius hybrid but don't like the design and I am happy with my Subaru Hybrid which I paid for $23,959 (+ tax) at 0% interest rate. I  wanted leather seats but I don't like the Nav so I opted for non-touring and was happy with the roof rack, all-weather floor mat, rear seat protector and the leather steering wheel and gear knob. Overall it was a good deal but I wish the dealer would throw in stuff like cargo net which I to pay separately. (hint: cheaper to buy cargo net online)

• 3 months later...

Hey... I am new here and a proud new owner of a 2014 CrossTrek Hybrid Touring.... I absolutely love it...the color...the handling...all the electronics....  I am

interested in installing a tow hitch and roof bars.  It is possible to tow a small 4x8 trailer with my lawn tractor?? or snow blower?? 

Thanks!!!  Cheers!!

• 4 months later...

i love subaru's quality, they dont care about luxury, just build quality to the engine, me personally i hate plastic and new vehicles (1995ish and up) also thats another reason why im still sticking with the older cars is payments for 5-7years, i couldn't do it, but my favorite part about the crosstrek is the rims, i sure do like them alot.

Edited by Subasaurus

• 11 months later...

Well, after almost two years and 37,000 miles  I'm still very happy with my Crosstrek.  Zero problems to date. I will say that the new tires I just got did quiet the ride down a bit. I'm going to find out this morning how it handles in the snow with them. We have about 5 inches of snow on the road.

• Like 1