Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It's inevitable...my weber questions. =\

Still not positive on my jets. I'll get around to it. Fixed the throttle binding. Set timing to 20 degrees. Running fantastic. Think my cold idle is better too, I'll know for sure tomorrow. If it's running fine it's safe to say I can leave the jets alone yes? If it ain't broke don't fix it sorts thing..

Some pictures. Thanks for all the replies/advice/and help.

post-29263-0-67841200-1400384711_thumb.jpg

post-29263-0-65881700-1400384726_thumb.jpg

post-29263-0-99983400-1400384740_thumb.jpg

+1 on the quarter trick, deleting the asv cans-not really sure what you did there, -there's still quite a bit of 'junk' you can get rid of.

You know you can use the cable linkage piece from the Hitachi, right? But it looks like you cut the cable end off and put the screw-on end there.

May I ask what the thing is you have on your + battery cable?

Also, what is the black square-ish box on the p-side firewall?

Black squarish box is an old aftermarket alarm system that was on the car when I got it. I made sure the wires were cut and have just left it there. Good spot to lean on when I'm working over there. :-P

Positive battery cable has a 100 amp fuse. Part of stereo system.

Asvs I've left alone. I just put filters on the lines so no crap falls down into them. I like the sound of them being open.

Oh and I was going to use the Hitachi cable plate but I found it easier to set up this one. Aside for my distaste for using a pinch bolt to hold my cable still, and after a little fenagling, it's working great!

Weber install complete:

Just for the record, leaving the asv lines open was causing me massive backfiring while shifting. Closed them up with the quarter trick and all is well. Very happy.

Video was shot before asvs were blocked off.

• 2 months later...

My weber GL is running fantastic while warm. I still haven't set the choke properly so when started cold I don't touch the gas (so as NOT to set the choke). If the choke sets the car runs too rich until warmed up.

I get fuel starvation on left turns and the car will stall if it's not in gear during a left turn.

Aside from that, it is fantastic. I've noticed some of my vac caps cracking already though so I have to get better quality ones.

At some point I need to re-jet it though as I'm sure it's not the right ones and I actually get better gas mileage the MORE my foot is in the gas.

As you can read on my Weber Swap Writeup, about the main fuel jets, I left the low (Primary) Stage with 140, and changed the High (Secondary) Stage to 162, and it works better with an accel superstock (Made in Usa) High Vibration 8140 ignition Coil, which has closer-to-stock impedances; and the little increase in voltage output, helps to burn the little increase in Gas. 

My "BumbleBeast" also does not have Choke on its Weber, and I only pump the gas pedal twice prior to Start it on cool mornings, and it start easy without touchin' the gas pedal; but our winter is warm, compared to the average USA Climates.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

My weber GL is running fantastic while warm. I still haven't set the choke properly so when started cold I don't touch the gas (so as NOT to set the choke). If the choke sets the car runs too rich until warmed up.

I get fuel starvation on left turns and the car will stall if it's not in gear during a left turn.

Aside from that, it is fantastic. I've noticed some of my vac caps cracking already though so I have to get better quality ones.

At some point I need to re-jet it though as I'm sure it's not the right ones and I actually get better gas mileage the MORE my foot is in the gas.

That's weird, have you got the float adjusted? Sounds like it's getting hung up or is set way too low. There should be plenty of gas in the carb to get you thru any driveable angle -provided your fuel pump is keeping up.

Also, I went to the vinyl caps (Thanks, ferox) and they are holding up better.

hope this helps