Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Flashing ACC and solid ERR

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 blindrummer

blindrummer

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Vermont

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

After changing my seats and carpet on my 2006 outback The clocks display flashes ACC and then a solid ERR only when the car is off normal function when it's on

#2 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,669 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:30 PM

I remember reading something about this and there being a problem with corrosion in some connector under one of the seats. There is a control module of some sort under there that is part of the CAN network and it affects the signals on the network which causes the error code to display.

#3 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,669 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

The one in particular that I was thinking of is here:

http://www.ultimates...ashing-acc-err/

Link referenced in that thread: http://www.justanswe...displaying.html

#4 blindrummer

blindrummer

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Vermont

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

Ok, I've found no green wire with yellow stripe. There is no empty connectors under the drivers seat. I'm going to check the old seat to see if any thing is different.

#5 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,669 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

It's under the carpet IIRC. Have to remove the seat and pull the carpet up to see the wiring under there.

#6 blindrummer

blindrummer

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Vermont

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

YES, FIXED no more flashing ACC light in the instrument display and no more power drain
you can see the corrosion

Attached Files

Edited by blindrummer, 05 July 2014 - 07:01 PM.

#7 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,669 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:29 PM

Awesome!! Glad to hear that fixed it! Did you cut the hole in the carpet or was it there already?

#8 blindrummer

blindrummer

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Vermont

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:00 AM

That hole was there, looks like the heater ducting a place to emerge from under the carpet

#9 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus

• Members
  • 4,668 posts
  • Texas

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

what does that conn do? where did it attach?

#10 blindrummer

blindrummer

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Vermont

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

In the link fairtax supplied, the technition mikeV explains it's an empty connector that would have something to do with tire pressure. This particular year was not equipped with that option. This empty connector is located in a prime spot for corrosion, it sits under a heating duct on the floor, if anything is spilled on the front corner of the drivers seat it's going to find this open connector

#11 blindrummer

blindrummer

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Vermont

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

Now I have "Airbag" light
Only when car is on
Ugh

#12 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,669 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

Recheck any Yellow connectors you may have unplugged while hunting around under the seat.
Yellow connector or wire loom is used exclusively for Airbag related circuits. All of these connectors have shorting locks which prevent static discharge reaching the airbag inflator when the connector is unplugged. An extra lock on the connector sometimes has to be clicked after the connector is plugged in. If the shorting lock is not clicked, the circuit is shorted to ground and the module deactivates the entire airbag system.

#13 Mr.Atlantis

Mr.Atlantis

Advanced Member

• Gold Subscribers
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Milford, PA

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

I have had the Airbag light on for the last 30-40k miles. I believe i may have triggered something when i installed the lil sub woofer that Subaru sells.

I did have to remove the drivers seat to access everything. Though, the light sometimes goes off - but usually remains on. Very intermittent.

#14 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,669 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

Ah ok.
I'm not sure if there is a way to retrieve airbag codes on that year. I know there is a method to get diagnostic codes to display on the dash, but I don't know the steps involved to do so. That may also display airbag codes, but I'm not sure.

Often an intermittent code can be due to a bad clockspring assembly behind the steering wheel. This isn't really a wear part but its the only constantly moving part of the airbag system as it connects the wiring for the drivers airbag. It consists of a thin ribbon cable with many small wires that do occasionally break internally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users