Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I remember reading something about this and there being a problem with corrosion in some connector under one of the seats. There is a control module of some sort under there that is part of the CAN network and it affects the signals on the network which causes the error code to display.

• 1 month later...

In the link fairtax supplied, the technition mikeV explains it's an empty connector that would have something to do with tire pressure. This particular year was not equipped with that option. This empty connector is located in a prime spot for corrosion, it sits under a heating duct on the floor, if anything is spilled on the front corner of the drivers seat it's going to find this open connector

Recheck any Yellow connectors you may have unplugged while hunting around under the seat.

Yellow connector or wire loom is used exclusively for Airbag related circuits. All of these connectors have shorting locks which prevent static discharge reaching the airbag inflator when the connector is unplugged. An extra lock on the connector sometimes has to be clicked after the connector is plugged in. If the shorting lock is not clicked, the circuit is shorted to ground and the module deactivates the entire airbag system.

I have had the Airbag light on for the last 30-40k miles. I believe i may have triggered something when i installed the lil sub woofer that Subaru sells.

I did have to remove the drivers seat to access everything. Though, the light sometimes goes off - but usually remains on. Very intermittent.

Ah ok.

I'm not sure if there is a way to retrieve airbag codes on that year. I know there is a method to get diagnostic codes to display on the dash, but I don't know the steps involved to do so. That may also display airbag codes, but I'm not sure.

Often an intermittent code can be due to a bad clockspring assembly behind the steering wheel. This isn't really a wear part but its the only constantly moving part of the airbag system as it connects the wiring for the drivers airbag. It consists of a thin ribbon cable with many small wires that do occasionally break internally.

• 1 year later...

Thank heavens for this post. 

I recently went for a camping trip and my Camelbak leaked a bunch of water underneath my drivers seat. I used a ShopVac to take out most of the moisture, but I still have the ERR and ACC flashing - even when my car is parked and locked with the keys out of the ignition. It's slowly killing my battery and I'd rather fix this than keep replacing a battery... 

I've read up on this post and I see that I need to do something with that useless tire pressure connector, but I'm not sure what. I feel weird just cutting it off...

Any help is appreciated. I know I'm a bit late to jump into this thread... 

• 1 month later...

Hello

I do see the one single image in a post above, but can anyone actually post three or four photos explaining precisely where to get at this (without removing the seat)? It has been indicated that sliding the seat all the way forward should make this possible, but I'm unclear on exactly where to look, and the image above appears to indicate a very small location, but doesn't give a bigger picture to help orient where exactly to go hunting.

Thank you!

Edited by RedMtl