Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New wheels- Wohoo

Mags Alloys 4x140

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tom0

Tom0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Dunedin NZ

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:50 PM

Found a set of cheviot something (would like to know name) mags in 4x140 off a leone in the local subie wreckers, just need a clean up and maybe repaint black parts? Any suggestions on cleaning them up and getting them looking nice are welcome.

Pictures

http://puu.sh/8MT5z.JPG

http://puu.sh/8MT7J.JPG

Also got a set of headlight covers and wiper blades with intact deflectors.

-Cheers, Tom

Edited by Tom0, 15 May 2014 - 12:10 AM.

#2 Silas Cruse

Silas Cruse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Dallas Oregon

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:18 AM

nice find!

#3 jono

jono

New User

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • Southern Hemisphere - AUS

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:08 AM

aha, so they are Cheviot mags. Seen them about on an L wagon. Think Cheviot is an Aus/NZ brand ?

I don't think you could improve on their looks, just a good clean up, maybe new paint and spit'n'polish

Wassort of money ? If not a rood question .....

#4 Tom0

Tom0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Dunedin NZ

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:51 AM

Yeah, was thinking they would have a sub name though. Not sure if its just Aus/Nz. Started to clean them up tonight, coming up alright so far. Ahh 300$ for the lot, so wheels+ alright tires, headlight guards and wipers.

#5 Leeroy

Leeroy

Old boxer tricks!

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • Albury, NSW, Australia

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:13 AM

Yep Cheviot was a South Australian company that are now known as Performance Wheels (think Superlite). At least one set I have is stamped 'Performance Wheels'.

In terms of cleaning them up mine were brought from a seller on eBay and were completely restored so are highly polished with new black paint in the 'spokes'. They look smick!

The other set I have, while not restored, have the centres painted all black with only the lip being silver/polished and whitewall tyres. Both sets look great and IMHO are the best looking 13" aftermarket wheel. Light weight too.

Edited by Leeroy, 16 May 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#6 jono

jono

New User

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • Southern Hemisphere - AUS

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:09 AM

oh, not sure how true it is, recent car show, someone was talking about Performance closing factory doors and downsizing to smaller on demand or more personalised stuff. No idea how true it is ....

#7 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,732 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

... Think Cheviot is an Aus/NZ brand ? ...

Yep Cheviot was a South Australian company...

Cheviot Rims...

I Owned Cheviot Rims in 4X140 in the Past (1990's decade), the ones on the Rear of my Subaru "BumbleBeast" on the old times it was White:

SubarudoBlanco2.jpg

Those were Different designed than yours and came from a Renault; also My Cheviot Rims said: "Made in France" emblazoned in the inner side of the Lip;  I've seen more 4X140 Cheviots here in Honduras, all of them came off from french Peugeot / Renault cars... interesting.

Kind Regards.

#8 Tom0

Tom0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Dunedin NZ

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:22 AM

I like the look of them, not sure if i would prefer them all painted in the inside or not, might keep them standard for awhile then decide later. Haven't seen any made in or by stamped on them but i really haven't looked yet. So far cleaned up 1, mostly, pretty time consuming and i wont be able to get it perfect but a large sight better then it was to start with.

#9 el_freddo

el_freddo

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Lancefield, Vic, Aust.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:53 AM

I wouldn't mind a set of those rims for my brumby...  one day maybe!

Cheers

Bennie

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mags, Alloys, 4x140

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users