Ultimate Subaru Message Board

question on jump seats

I recently saved a set of jump seats and I am trying to figure out the best way to reinstall them into my brat, so that they can be easily removed and put back in as needed, instead of welding them into place.

So I guess my question is, whats everyones expereince with installing these without welding them into place?

Pictures would be great, as im trying to figure out how i want to install mine.   Thanks!

I haven't gotten so far with my restoration to put the seats in yet, but I would fab a bracket to bolt the seat carrier through the bed. That way you just need a socket to remove everything. Weld a bolt/stud to the underside, to make it easy for installation/removal. But i'd also be worried about exposure to the elements and bolts rusting up.

I recently saved a set of jump seats and I am trying to figure out the best way to reinstall them into my brat, so that they can be easily removed and put back in as needed, instead of welding them into place.

So I guess my question is, whats everyones expereince with installing these without welding them into place?

Pictures would be great, as im trying to figure out how i want to install mine.   Thanks!

I just did this very thing. 6 Grade 8 Bolts through the bed and they jump seats can be removed fairly easily. Even had my engineer friend verify it would be structurally safe.

• Like 1

I just did this very thing. 6 Grade 8 Bolts through the bed and they jump seats can be removed fairly easily. Even had my engineer friend verify it would be structurally safe.

Did you go througg the mounting bar or use brackets?