Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Power is back!

My loyale had serious acceleration problems, when you wanted to accelerate, you would have to carefully match the pedal to the RPMs to lead the engine up. If you floored it, it would bogg real bad and have less power than when you led it up. The old cap and rotor had white fuzz on the contacts, I think they were origional (153k mi.). I just put a new cap, rotor and wires on it, and the thing is smokingly fast (compared to before). Before I had no worrys about hitting redline or spinning the tires, but now it will leave 20ft worth of churned dirt and whine right up to 6500. :burnout: I'v got the whole interior torn out for the installations I am planning and lots of rust repair in progress, so all the tools and parts were sliding around as I was "testing" the new power. Lotsa fun. I snapped off one of the screws holding the cap down, so I still have work to do. The Accell coil is still going to go in though.

Before I had no worrys about hitting redline or spinning the tires, but now it will leave 20ft worth of churned dirt and whine right up to 6500. :burnout:

WOW! I'd like to see it on wet blacktop! :lol:

J/K Glad to see you've got the old subby back. Congrats for figuring out the problem(s).

since your gonna fun a fridge, and stereo search under my name for a GM alt Conversion. i just put in a 90amp alt i had lyin around when i had my 760w stereo, im still running the alt. but sent the stereo back because of a blown voice coil.

so now im running a 110w amp to my 6X9's

i want a fridge in my car too! and a commode and a shower. maybe i should give up and buy a VW westy.

haha, i just had this mental picture of me putting the car on cruise control on the freeway and crawling to the back of the wagon to use the commode at 60mph :P

The fridge is only big enough to hold a six pack. It has a small fan and peltia heat pump on the side. Shouldn't draw too much. I plan on putting the coil on soon, but i've been busy with rust repair and school. I took the thing for a hillclimb in my sandpit, it woulda made it to the top if I had a better run on it. It went like 15-18 feet (verticle height) up the sand, which was at close to a 45 degree angle up. Lotsa fun.