Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ej swap info?

Tman1058

I've got a '87 wagon, and want more power, what does an ej swap entail? I'm thinking go ej22. What all parts will I need? Any idea on cost of new parts? And if there is a good swap thread that you know of could you leave a link please?

I know I'm asking a lot, but really any answer to any of the above questions would be awesome.

Thanks,

Tom

This is your best friend for next several months

http://www.numbchuxconversions.com/Files/EA2EJ.pdf

I strip harnesses 250$ plus shipping.

As far as price it will all depend on how much your willing to spend. I've seen full swaps go from 1000-2000. Including all parts. There's a lot of info on here, just need to search for it. I build my full car for under a grand counting engine car it self and lift and wheels. But I did everything my self.

Prwa

Edited by Prwa101

Scooner, yours was definitely the most inspiring. It was the thread that finally made me decide that this was a doable swap. I especially liked the part about "they're just wires, get over it" ha. I'll be digging into my donor car early next week, so I may have some questions coming your way!