Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1976 Coupe, but with wagon front clip?

ubmg.jpg

I'm not familiar with 70's subarus but this seemed kind of cool, the guy said oil was pouring out of one cylinder when he parked it, it has an automatic tranny and paint down both sides that say subaru.

I'd say that's a '75-7 old lady car you'd better grab. Lol

Yes the coupes got the cool round orange lights as did the '75-7 4WD Wagons. All others in the line looked ugly.

Snatch it up! Get a five speed and have some fun.

Thanks, Mr Leeroy! I knew one of you guys would know. All of the 76' coupes i looked up online didn't have the round blinkers but had the square ones, but some of the wagons had round blinkers.

Is there any interest in parts or buying this car from anyone on here?

Thanks, Mr Leeroy! I knew one of you guys would know. All of the 76' coupes i looked up online didn't have the round blinkers but had the square ones, but some of the wagons had round blinkers.

Is there any interest in parts or buying this car from anyone on here?

How much?  I'm starting a halfway house for 70's subs it seems...

In Australia all the hardtops had the 5 speed as standard (Auto was an option later on). Was this not the case in the US?

Our 4WDs were 4 speeds, and the manuals were 4 and 5 speeds depending on the trim. We didn't get 4WD 5 speeds until later.

A true USA coupe had round lights.

To confuse many keep in mind Subaru also offered. Two door sedan with typical squared pillars , AND the HT or hardtop which had less rake angle on the pillars but still not a coupe. This example has roll down rear side windows. A coupe's rears are hinged opening just slightly.

Parts manuals shed lots of light.

Get the thing , somebody !!! Wtf? There's brats then coupes then cool 4wd wagons ..... Unquestionably at its bottom value now. But some minor money and good effort and that's a $4k car real fast.

Should be a 1600 too , yes? I didn't look that close. If it's a 1400 even more rare for someone seeking a low production model.

Still worth having fun with. :)

I've got a hood for it. And plenty other parts including probably all four corners complete wheel/ suspension with disk or drum.

Another thing , only disk brakes on coupes thru 75 I think , then 76 they included hardtops .... Something like that.

Can you get a VIN off the dashboard and see if it has front disk or drums? Lift hood and check for two port exhaust you are used to seeing or four port exhaust that'll freak you out if you've never seen it.

From the phone I'm using I'm guessing it's a 1600 because they didn't mess with 1400's mixed with automatics too very long.

Post some info for the folks please. What I've asked about and also if they will sell it whole and for how much.

Really really have to check the underside especially where the trailing arm meets the unibody and wheel arches.

Wow, geez didn't think there would be this much interest honestly but when i go back i will look for all of these things! I know the trunk was badged 1600. He said the thing still ran and drove when he parked it just that oil was coming out of the #3 cylinder and he didn't know much about subarus.

A very cool little Subaru, some were well-optioned in the EU, a few of those came with dual carbs and 5spds!

A true USA coupe had round lights.

To confuse many keep in mind Subaru also offered. Two door sedan with typical squared pillars , AND the HT or hardtop which had less rake angle on the pillars but still not a coupe. This example has roll down rear side windows. A coupe's rears are hinged opening just slightly.

Parts manuals shed lots of light.

Get the thing , somebody !!! Wtf? There's brats then coupes then cool 4wd wagons ..... Unquestionably at its bottom value now. But some minor money and good effort and that's a $4k car real fast.

Should be a 1600 too , yes? I didn't look that close. If it's a 1400 even more rare for someone seeking a low production model.

Were coupes the only ones that had the hinge-out rear windows?  Hmm, odd!  I run my vin and it comes back 2 Door Sedan and also has the hingey rear windows *pop out like an inch or so*  O.o  Damn Subaru, you confuse me :P

Edited by Legacy RallyGuy

You've got me questioning myself , but I'll check a parts manual as I can.

I've got the rear side windows for this car in my stash or with ctsuba or subafreak. These are roll downs I'm pretty sure. I had an old lady 56k GF hardtop that was so hard to let go of. I still have lots of low mileage interior etc for one like this. My stuff is saddle or tan some would say.

Underside tells it all but that car looks workable. It surely would always have a home once rescued as long as it's solid.

A very cool little Subaru, some were well-optioned in the EU, a few of those came with dual carbs and 5spds!

Were coupes the only ones that had the hinge-out rear windows?  Hmm, odd!  I run my vin and it comes back 2 Door Sedan and also has the hingey rear windows *pop out like an inch or so*  O.o  Damn Subaru, you confuse me :P

2 door sedans had the hinge out windows too, although they are larger to match the higher roofline.