Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So I went to change my brakes today and clean up my calipers and the pin's in the calipers were seized so I had to take the torch to hammer them free. In the process one got bent so I spent all day long tracking down a pin...O'Reilly's was the only one who had it since they have a warehouse in town that I was able to pick it up at but it turns out that the one they sold me is the wrong size...its a 11mm head with a mx8 thread size and the pin itself was too short and too narrow in width. I need a 14mm head and mx10 thread size but nobody seems to be able to find any such pin for a 96 Subaru Impreza Outback. It's a mystery pin and something that has to be special ordered by the myriad number of auto parts stores in my area. Does anybody know what is going on here? Why is the pin that fits my caliper different from what auto parts store's computers are telling them? Can anyone affirm that I require the aforementioned pin type as the correct pin type? Not sure what to do here. Ordering a new caliper won't solve the problem because it wont come with the pin. Ordering a new caliper bracket will leave me without wheels till Tuesday afternoon. I need to know how to get a hold of the right sized caliper pin.

Junk yard would be the fastest.  

There are several different configurations on Brakes.  The nice thing about Subaru's as they are Lego's for the most part so you can bolt up pretty much any matching brake set.  

Lot's of folks have went to larger WRX Brakes, which would bolt right to your Impreza.  

As far as the pin, yes I have seen your configuration and if I was home could pull a dozen out of my 5 gal bolt buckets.  That will not help you get back on the road but the junk yard will.