Ultimate Subaru Message Board

uvry.png

Hey all,

I have a 92' Loyale with an EJ22 and i was doing a once over on it today and while underneath i noticed coolant around this plug on the drivers side just above the exhaust. Could someone please inform me as to what this plug is and what function it serves? I appreciate any help, thanks!

It is on the bottom side of the head, kind of a strange plug. I'll try and tighten that sucker up and see if that helps, if nothing else i'll take it out and drain the coolant then reseal the plug with some RTV to help.

Thanks fair!

That caps an unused EGR port If I am not mistaken.

I don't think there is coolant in there.

Coolant leak is likely from somewhere else and just collecting there.  Possibly the water pump seeping?  and the coolant blowing back from wind while driving.

No, that's the craziest part Glo, the coolant is coming from behind the plug! Haha. I went to the car wash today to blast everything off just to make sure and sure enough its seeping from behind it. Not enough to ever spray under pressure, just enough to get a small amount around it. The passenger has the same plug but no coolant around it. Im wondering if maybe i'm about to lose a head gasket... :/