Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2003 Impreza with 2.2 engine?

2003 Impreza 2.2 liter engine Parts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rick1077

rick1077

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Chino Hills, CA

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:19 PM

I just purchased a 2003 Impreza project car and the guy said it has a 2.2 liter engine but how can I tell, No hood, front clip replaced, needs some other parts but it starts...

#2 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,739 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

On the top, front side of the motor, behind the alternator and power steering, the engine code is stamped into the block. It will say EJ22 or EJ25. Should be EJ25 unless it was changed out for a 2.2

#3 rick1077

rick1077

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Chino Hills, CA

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:34 PM

got it - thnx.

I'm picking it up tomorrow I will check it out - then the fun begins (needs hood, windshield, front support bracket, ect... but it turns on!

#4 shiftyXTI

shiftyXTI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

Let us know what you find - the 2.2l engine is a good alternative to the 2.5 for reliability and maintenance cost if they cooked the 2.5 block when the HG blew. 

Are you looking for a cheap daily driver, is this your first Subie?

#5 rick1077

rick1077

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Chino Hills, CA

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

Yes this is are first Subaru, it has front end damage. I'm lookingfor a front clip. It does not have an intake or hood as well.

#6 rick1077

rick1077

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Chino Hills, CA

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

One of the biggest problems is the parts that I do find are on the other side of the country and I need local parts in Southern California.

#7 86BRATMAN

86BRATMAN

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,491 posts
  • Tazewell Virginia

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

rs25.com, plenty of members in socal there. Maybe you can find some of the parts you need there.

#8 rick1077

rick1077

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Chino Hills, CA

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:52 PM

Thanks, but we were just told by a guy who used to own a body shop that we have sub-frame damage and he does not recommend fixing but maybe getting a rolling chassis of a car with no engine or tranny.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2003 Impreza, 2.2 liter engine, Parts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users