Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Bushings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lvsarge

lvsarge

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Las Vegas

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

Hey all. I'm in search of bushings for my 79 Brat. Some I've heard of are taboo, but does anyone know or reccomend a place where I can find suspension bushings or a place that will manufacture them? I found a few on rockauto, and from my internet searching it seems like what they sell is about the same as what anyone else sells. Particularly I'm looking for the front stabilizer bar (sway bar) bushings that mount against the rear crossmember (held on by metal c-clips).

And while on the subject, does anyone have a suggestion for the shifter linkage bushing? It looks like I have small plastic bushings in there now, which are not very tight. I've heard this is a make-it-yourself kind of deal. Just wondering what's worked for people. Thanks.

#2 carfreak85

carfreak85

EA81T Sherpa

• Members
  • 4,796 posts
  • Bell-something...

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

Whiteline and Superpro both make harder, urethane suspension bushings.  You could order the part you are looking for from either manufacturer.  There are also several companies who manufacture OEM replacement rubber bushings.

Shifter bushings might still be available as replacements from the Subaru dealer.  I machined mine out of delrin round bar stock.

#3 lvsarge

lvsarge

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Las Vegas

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

Thank you.

I've always just ordered bushings as Year/Model/Bushing type. Looks like I can make some of the universal bushing parts work after pulling some measurements.

Any ideas for motor mounts and transmission mounts? Mine are very soft and falling apart.

#4 carfreak85

carfreak85

EA81T Sherpa

• Members
  • 4,796 posts
  • Bell-something...

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

I can still order them from several outlets in the U.S.

#5 lvsarge

lvsarge

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Las Vegas

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:14 AM

And so you can... Right there on rock auto of all places... I evidently do not search very well. I apologize.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users