Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My first Impreza, after more than 40 subarus

MilesFox

I finally join the ranks of Impreza owners so that now i can fit into all the impreza groups on the social medias and such. 1996 impreza outback, 165,000 mi, original Idaho car, no rust, minimal body damages, newer struts and tire history, interior in fair condition with stereo missing and some parts in poor condition (hack job wiring in door panels, speakers) It did come with a hard wired inverter and a component stereo receiver.

This car is 90% straight with a slight crease on the rear door and rocker sill. I presume the kid who had it put it in a ditch and thus sold it to pay tickets.

This car will serve as the woman's delivery driving car, and also be our holiday travel car until i can repair the 98 forester.

IT could possibly become the next TrashWagon candidate with a paint job and forester struts. It is an AT though.

The best part is i picked it up for 800 bucks.

• Like 1

Nice score! Can't beat that price for a rust free car in the midwest.

AT may actually be desirable if you end up lifting it. I've driven mine lifted with a manual and it does fine but on trails it feels like you're either moving too fast or riding the clutch. AT lets you move at a snails pace without abusing the car.

Post up a few pics when you get the chance!

Today i got the car washed, changed front and rear diff, flushed the brake lines and rotated the tires. That along with an oil change mobil 5000 10w30 and mobil 1 filter.

Pictures will come, consider this a build thread.

THEY CAN DO THAT??

..or are you unbolting the drive shaft?

Just wondering! Thanks

This can be done by interccepting a switch in the FWD fuse under the hood. One could also intercept a switch tot he solenoid itself to lock in the 4wd 100%. Do this, remove a front axle, and you get RWD.

• 1 month later...