Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1997 SUBARU Legacy L lift with outback strut and spring assemblies

lift outback legacy 1997 spring strut

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ShawnFoxxen

ShawnFoxxen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:11 PM

So I know you can put the outback strut and spring assembly on a legacy L. What I was wondering is what happens you go from the r14 tires to the r15 will my speedometer not read out right and if it doesn't read out right what can I do to fix it?

#2 soobie_newbie67

soobie_newbie67

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • Kennewick

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:07 AM

205/70-15 (stock outback tire size) on my 96 Legacy L made my speedometer read 68 mph 72. Makes it read slower. Should give an idea of about how far it'll be off.

#3 soobie_newbie67

soobie_newbie67

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • Kennewick

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:11 AM

And as far as a fix, only thing i can think of is swapping to an outback trans that's speedometer is geared for those tires

#4 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,828 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:13 AM

Its an electronic speed signal so it can be corrected with an electrical speedometer corrector. There are various different types out there if you search google.

Another way is to swap in an Outback transmission, which will have the added benefit of better gearing to help turn the larger tires.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lift, outback, legacy, 1997, spring, strut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users