Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Exhaust delema...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KnpallLegagyGT9298

KnpallLegagyGT9298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Dartmouth Massachussetts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:57 PM

Im not sure what exhaust to get for my 1998 legacy gt NA....Im pretty sure it has equal length headers, and i want to know if i can put un-equal length headers on it...and where to get it for not too expensive.

#2 zombieforce

zombieforce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Knoxville,TN

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:07 AM

Ebay knock off headers are like 120 plus shipping.

#3 KnpallLegagyGT9298

KnpallLegagyGT9298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

yah i found a kit for like 150 im going to order it next week :D

#4 Rooster2

Rooster2

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,756 posts
  • Indianapolis

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

If it is all about getting it fixed for cheap..........go to a family owned muffler shop, not a franchise muffler shop, where they cut, bend, weld to fabricate a muffler system in place. Often, the shop will just cut out and replace a piece of bad pipe, or a bad muffler, and reuse the rest of the muffler system that is still in good shape. Over the years, I have saved a ton of money at Ralph's Muffler shop, here in Indy. Shops like this can be found in most major cities.

#5 Aluxes

Aluxes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • mt. shasta, ca

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:27 AM

Just wondering...why do you want the un-equal over equal? EL headers give you more power, as where the UEL headers just give you mostly sound. If you want some good rumble put a magnaflow glass pack muffler on it. They sound great!! I have one on my 97 OBS. I also just added some EL headers and it sounds even better now and has more pull. But either way, check out sube4x4 on ebay. He makes really nice headers, EL or UEL, for a great price. Just coat them with some high heat header paint and they will last a lot longer than cheap knockoffs.

#6 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,528 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:43 AM

You will not notice a power difference between an UEL header and an ul header on an N/A car. It's only noticeable on a turbo car WITH a tune. Just putting a different muffler on won't give you rumble. It'll give you noise, but not rumble. If you want the subaru rumble, you need the UEL header.

#7 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,528 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:44 AM

El headers and a different muffler will just make it sound like every Honduh out there.

#8 Rooster2

Rooster2

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,756 posts
  • Indianapolis

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

El headers and a different muffler will just make it sound like every Honduh out there.

Also, be aware that "louder" is not always good. Having a loud muffler compete with the sound system in your car can be annoying. IMO, after a while, you wonder why you wanted to listen to your muffler, instead of your favorite tunes.

#9 KnpallLegagyGT9298

KnpallLegagyGT9298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

Im not looking for power out of my car at all its tired, just want some grubles..UEL it is!!! and a muffler...my speakers are all blown anyway haha i rather listen to the sound of my people lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users