Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my 87 RX Coupe :-)

Guten Morgen,

Ich mochte  to know just how fast this beast can cruise at given that you have the high speed roads to allow you to drive it at speed, legally.

None of my EA82T cars have seen more than 20 kph over the maximum highway speed limit of 110 and only in a moment while overtaking.

Many years ago when I was not so concerned about speeding, or being caught rather,  my twin carb EA81 has cruised faster and comfortably more go under the pedal than any of my EA82T

Have you got any top speeds to give ???

Guten Morgen,

Ich mochte  to know just how fast this beast can cruise at given that you have the high speed roads to allow you to drive it at speed, legally.

None of my EA82T cars have seen more than 20 kph over the maximum highway speed limit of 110 and only in a moment while overtaking.

Many years ago when I was not so concerned about speeding, or being caught rather,  my twin carb EA81 has cruised faster and comfortably more go under the pedal than any of my EA82T

Have you got any top speeds to give ???

That's an excellent question. I wonder.

My oxygen starved hitachi carbed ea82 barely pulled 105. (mph)

Now I'm curious as to how fast my brand new CCR EA82T will go.. stage 2 cams (262*) and ported turbo.. fastest so far was 95 in 4th gear

You people make me wanna do dangerous things..

And by "you peolpe" I mean fellow Subaru lovers (:

The only top speeds I've heard from RXs have been 125mph, but I think that one would beat that ;)

There are 2 forces fighting against you; power limiting speed and drag limiting speed. I wish someone would have made a XT for Bonneville, with it's low co-efficient of drag. But the other EA cars are basically Aero bricks.

Edit: Oh I dodged the real question... I will never admit to driving off the speedo in a bone stock 88 RX (125 mph). Nor will I admit a friend in an STI clocking me at 130 mph. And I will, definitely, never admit to attempting that in Oregon on hwy 95 (55 mph limit).

Edited by Ibreakstuff

Now I'm curious as to how fast my brand new CCR EA82T will go.. stage 2 cams (262*) and ported turbo.. fastest so far was 95 in 4th gear

You people make me wanna do dangerous things..

And by "you peolpe" I mean fellow Subaru lovers (:

The only top speeds I've heard from RXs have been 125mph, but I think that one would beat that ;)

Theoretical top speed of the FT4WD gearbox (including RX's) and stock tire sizes would be around 139 mph, but you would never get there aerodynamically. The laughable thing to add is that my old 1990 Loyale FWD had super long gears, like 143-145 top speed.. But again you would have to be drafting/slip-streaming a supersonic blue whale to achieve those speeds.

Even my 07 WRX is drag limited around 135-137 mph, probably even less now with a huge skid plate and hacked front bumper.

I hope you have Z rated tires.

Ages ago, I had my 85 turbo with full-time 4wd upto just short of indicated 180km/h. But it was a heavy thing being full JDM specced including climate air. I swear the dashboard alone was 10-15kg heavier than a GL Aus version, plus lift kit.

With the bigger wheels in had, prob should add 10-15%.

And then I jumped into a full JDM spec Series 1 Legacy GT auto wagon, which hit the 180km/h limiter so hard (and still in 3rd), that you actually got thrown forward :D

sorry for my late answer. had a business trip.

in germany the data sheet for the 136PS catless RX Coupe says 195kmh top speed, that are 121 mph.

the universal catted version with 131PS is 190kmh, that are 118 mph.

The 3 Way catted version with 120PS is 185kmh, that are 115 mph.

Edited by drischnie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, what happened to the girl !

Now, for the first time I get to see what an unmolested series 1 turbo engine bay looks like !

Some of the background confuses me - right now have plain trees with leaves just gone from green, to yellow and brown and need dealing with. You appear to have some trees still with same colours and red and yet to fall off tree (to become a bother) and also see trees that appear to be coming out in new leaf. Were all pics taken recently ?? Or do you have weird seasons affecting trees ?

Edited by jono

all pics taken today. its germany. the trees are normal here :-)

I guess you only wanted to take one girl downtown that day and show her off, and it was the Turbo chick hahaha.  Nice to know where your heart truly lies.

Now if you could just as  a bonus do the same photospread but instead of the Turbo feature the other girl with the black stockings and the dress, you know the one  ;)

Edited by capmarvelous

Germany is Awesome!

Why Series 1?

Subaru Had the EA81T previously than the EA82T.

Kind Regards.

Series One EA82 RX used the Flap style Airflow Meter Series Two used the Hotwire style Airflow meter as well as Different ECU types including connectors only swappable complete.

• Like 1