Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2015 Forester 2.5i with Nav

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 usastew

usastew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • maryland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

hello, I may be new to Subaru. i will be needing a more practical car with AWD. my husband is a big fan of Subaru and their reliability and safety record speak for itself. i am strongly considering getting the 2015 forester. i have driven it and liked it very much. it doesn't have all the fancy bells and whistles that i am used to. we roadtrip often with our dogs. my drive to work is 33 miles each way in dc traffic. the forester cant be beat as far as fuel economy. what are the pros and cons to this vehicle and what is your insight on the reliability of the Subaru navigation. currently i have a cute Kia Soul! that is awesome with fuel economy. i'd like something a little bigger with AWD or 4 wheel drive. any input is welcome. :)

#2 tedbull

tedbull

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Lake Stevens, WA

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

I have a 2014 Limited forester. Our third Subaru. It has been a great car. Great fuel economy for an SUV. It handles very well. Sits up nice and high. And has great visibility. Also we love the giant sunroof. The CVT transmission takes some getting used to because its just different. That is were the great fuel economy comes from but it just feels "weird" to me even still. I am so used to manual transmissions and regular automatics. Time will tell if the CVT transmissions hold up for 200,000 - 300,000 miles like I would expect from subaru. Lots of electronic gagets that could fail, but that's true with all new cars. I heard the Subaru navigation was sorta junk so I did not buy the touring edition. Looking back on it now I should have bumped up to the touring edition for the sound system upgrade alone. I have no interest in the eyesight technology since I am not a distracted driver and know when to stop. Both my previous subarus have more cargo space than my new forester, a trade off for more passenger cargo room. The new outback might be another Subaru to consider, it looks to have more cargo room but I did not test drive one.

The 2015 line up has a few small upgrades I wish my 2014 had. The 2015 Subaru Forester Touring is what I would buy if I was looking for an SUV.

Edited by tedbull, 11 June 2014 - 02:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users