Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA82 delta cams?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tman1058

Tman1058

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Potlatch Idaho

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

For those running delta cams, can you please try to answer some questions for me?
First off what's the cost of a set (approximately)?
Second what kind of grinds do they offer and how do they differ from one another?
Third will they work with spfi?

I'm looking into these for an off roader so any advice is appreciated.

Please nobody say "ej swap". I've heard it too much, I realize the advantages, but do not wish to swap.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,128 posts
  • WA

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:04 PM

Why not just call them?

Ken (or John) can answer all your questions.

#3 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,900 posts
  • WV

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:14 PM

it's an EA82 so they'll work.

contact them for pricing, pricing will vary on engine, which grind, changes over time, shipping, core charges, grinding yours or buying off the shelf, etc.

#4 El Presidente

El Presidente

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 538 posts
  • Northgate/Seattle, WA

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:45 AM

I won't say "ej it", but if your gonna offroad it put an ea81 in there and run the ea82 spfi. LOTS of low end torque, MUCH more reliable, easier to work on, and amazing mpg's(35+). Its also a cheap swap.

If your gonna get a cam regrind, don't waste the time and money trying to improve an ea82, put the effort into something worth building on. However, if you want to give your money to delta, give them a call.

Josh

#5 Crazyeights

Crazyeights

SubaRube Goldberg

• Gold Subscribers
  • 934 posts
  • PNW

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:34 PM

I would NOT do it. The valve train will always be noisy, it WILL NOT work properly (at least to my satisfaction) with the SPFI. You can not tune the issues out either, as in it will never idle correctly, low end hesitations cold, ect.  Use a stock cam and look at tire size, engine mechanical condition, gearing, power:weight ratio, ect. There are lots of other avenues to explore for more power besides the cams. Have fun and post pictures please!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users