Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My black 89 RX

Edit**

I went back and found the original thread I started when I got my RX.

Didnt realize its been its been this long, what a journey. I'm combining some other threads to this about my upgrades and stuff.

After a year of waiting and hoping the owner wouldnt sell it to someone else or fix and drive it, I finally got the car I've been wanting. Black 89 RX Full Time 4wd with diff lock, LSD rear end, rear disc, etc. These are the beginning shots. As it progresses I'll be taking more pics. The engine was ran out of oil, so its got "some" issues. The thing got so hot, it melted the rear bumper around the exhaust pipe. I've already got the motor to replace it, and a spider intake also.

89RXfront.jpg

89RXrightside.jpg

89RXrear.jpg

89RXleftside.jpg

So, what do ya'll think? Is it a keeper? :D

Corky, I'll email the Vin # to you.

Edited by Turbone

Flow, I got the XT some time after you came over.

For some reason I was the only one interested when the person posted it for sale in the marketplace. Well, not the only one, there were a few on the East Coast that were whining :brow: But the guy was nice enough to hold it for me till I sold one of my rigs. I drove around 150mi round trip to look at the car last year, and he delivered it today (for a fee, of course). I have already replaced the back bumper (he threw that in, with another full set of studded snows on WW's). Theres a few small dents/large dings, but nothing that cant be fixed easily. And I have some real nice wheels that will be going on too (stock 13's). At least till I can do a conversion like Tex did on his :cool:

Oh, and btw, I'm looking for some parts. Both rear taillights are broke and the side and rear skirts are missing.

Not sure, but I might have given Ken a rear bumper with the gold trim that I took off of an 89 I found in a wrecking yard about a year ago. He is still having problems with his computer (it was sasser), so he won't see this, you may have to call him.

Hi Rob This is Jerry, you need that FREE three door subaru that is in Moxee for parts. Come and get it it's free. I will help you load it, just let me know. Don't wate to long he is going to have it hauled off to the wrecking yard. Thanks Jerry

Jerry, thanks for the offer. But I have no way of getting it over here. If I could get a few parts off it, that would be great. I have already put another rear bumper on, and need to replace the tail lights. But other than the engine(which I have) there is nothing this car needs but TLC. I'm going to beef it up a little, no monster. The typical stuff, intake-exhaust.

This is going to be a daily driver, so a lift isnt going to happen. Tho I did like Ross's setup. Maybe I'll find another 3dr this winter and lift it :D The side skirts and rear skirt is missing, I'll be looking for a set :brow: Corky, I think if I used some gold pinstripe, the rear bumper will look fine.

If its any help to you Rob, I was at Aaron's Auto Recyclers today getting a "new" (pretty much) door for my project hatch. I saw atleast 2 FT4wd RX's there, not sure if the tailights were good, but I didnt see any reason why they wouldnt be. I also believe the side skirts were on them as well :).

Aw come on, I'm not trying to make anyone jealous. Just wanted to show it off a little, and I did wait for almost a year to get it. Any time I was looking for parts for it (I knew what it needed) I was teased by some :rolleyes:

So, does anyone know of a good cleaner/polisher to take off the oxidation? I got all the moss and crud off :headbang:

Thanks for the heads up Scoob, I'll keep Aarons in mind.