Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 - died this morning

Hi all, I had just picked a 91' Wagon, put new head gaskets on it.. Went for a few test drives around the block, like 2- 4 miles and ran great.  not my drver so I haven't been driving it however I thougth I would drive it into work today which is like a 11 mile drive.  Car just sputtered and died as I was getting into the parking lot.  It started back up but with no idle, then died.  Did that a few times to get in a parking spot and am sitting here hoping it will run to get me back home.  Felt like maybe a fuel issue, but looking for other ideas.. the car has 137K and the gasket swap went well.  thanks

Tried to drive home. Started right up. Ran great for a few miles like unt full operating temp. Then same thing feels like running out I gas. But why would the fuel pump quit with engine temp? Or is there a common señor that fails once warmed up.

are all of the intake boots tight? did you unplug the TPS or MAF sensor during your HG job?  are they secure? this happened to me and it was a  plug wiggling around and loosing connection,  gotta put those metal clips back in there

Got the car home. Each time I went to drive it it ran for less time. Ended up towing it the last 3 miles. Durin the last run period the engine wasn't running as well the tack was jumping around in the last minute or so of run time. Seems what ever the problem is it is getting worst. Will think about it a few days since the weekend is busy with grads and things. Thanks for the input.

Got the car home. Each time I went to drive it it ran for less time. Ended up towing it the last 3 miles. Durin the last run period the engine wasn't running as well the tack was jumping around in the last minute or so of run time. Seems what ever the problem is it is getting worst. Will think about it a few days since the weekend is busy with grads and things. Thanks for the input.