Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hatch Light Problem - 2000 Forester

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 howards11

howards11

2000 Forester L

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • PHL

Posted 09 May 2004 - 08:03 PM

I am having a problem with the hatch light in my 2000 Forester. On the Friday after Thanksgiving the car was rear ended.:mad:
The body shop supposedly repaired the switch which is contained in the hatch handle. This past winter the light would operate
erratically; once in a while it would not work. I thought is was the cold weather. The cold weather is now past us and the problem has gotten worse. When I lift the handle, I can see the light go on and then as I lift the hatch I can see the light go off ! Now sometimes the light works OK but working OK seems to be once in a blue moon.

:confused: My questions:
Is there a simple fix for this problem that I could attempt myself? I will be calling the body shop this week and see if they'll do something about this under whatever warranty they have on repairs. Or should I just forget the body shop and just take it over to the dealer and pay for it out of my pocket ?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

~Howard
:banana:

#2 Commuter

Commuter

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,857 posts
  • Niagara area, Ont Canada

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:48 PM

Years ago, this started happening on my 88 Civic (trunk light).

I would see the light come on, but as I raised the trunk lid, it would go off.

I was convinced that it was a sensor, switch, contact, whatever.

I finally found the problem. The wire following along the hinge (which has to flex) had broken inside the insulation. One electrical connector later, and all was good.

I'm dubious that this is your problem, but just something else for you to check.

Commuter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users