Ultimate Subaru Message Board

any amsoil users?

probably going to run amsoil in the transmission and diffs.  i use it in all the manual transmissions and rear ends on alot of other classics i have owned.  it keeps hardware in good shape.  i will call the company when they reopen and find out what they reccomend.  probably some 80w90.  thoughts anyone?

Recently read a topic concerning AmsOil, seems it used to be a PAO synthetic, but now has changed to a "proprietary formula", i.e., is not a PAO synthetic anymore, but rather has been degraded to less expensive formulation.  FWIW...

If it is too slick it will make grinding, scratching gears worse. Many years ago I changed mine over to Mobil 1 gear oil. It made it worse. Back then several people on this board were talking about how good MT90 worked. Mine was bad about wanting to scratch second sometimes and hard to get into first unless completely stopped. The Redline MT90 completely cured that and that has been well over a dozen years ago. So I have been using it well over a dozen years in my Brat.