Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1979 BRAT newbie in Northern Virginia

Hi,

I'm Scott.  I've had a 1979 BRAT(GL) for a few years, but despite looking okay, it had some serious structural rust issues and so it was never on the road.  (I did drive it around the block a couple of times)

I few months back I gave up and decided to get rid of the BRAT.   I had a number of people contact me about it, but I had some life events intervene and so nothing ever happened.  

Fast forward a bit and instead of selling it, I bought another one.  This one is also a 79, but it is a DL and is not rusty.

I've got a million questions of course, and would love to find some knowledgeable folks who are willing to share some knowledge with me.

I'd REALLY love to find some local resources in the area surrounding Washington DC (figure 50 mile radius?) because I can forsee actually needing to pay someone else to do some of the bigger jobs sooner or later.  

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

Scott  (Yes - I know .. people will want pics.. I will get some up)

Welcome ! Good to see the Vintage bug hitting another east coast resident.

DC area is going to be tough but don't give up. Research your oldest dealers and make the rounds as you can , talking with the ELDER service and parts guys. They may offer little clues but you're likely to score a lead on parts or parts cars , or find out what small shop or dealer tech on the side is available to you.

Meanwhile , good luck and we're here with parts and help.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome ! 

Meanwhile , good luck and we're here with parts and help.

Well.... Parts Help...

I'm looking for replacements hub caps for the White Spoked Wheels.

They are not the ones that snap in from the outside (although I suppose if they fit... I'd take 'em for sure)

Here's a picture.

BRATWheelCover_zps0cb4fc2b.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Scott