Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Water Pump 89 GL O-Ring question

Water Pump EA-82

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RedSasha

RedSasha

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Gulf coast

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

I was encouraged to take care of everything while replacing the timing belts on our newer Subaru, the '89.

The metal tube inserted nto the water pump has an O-Ring on it.  The condition deems replacement is neccessary.  The groove that it resides in is square in nature and the O-Ring is now sporting a rectancular cross-section.

~Is the O-Ring in question just a 25 year old bit of rubber which is now misshapen OR was this O-Ring  originally shaped in a NOT-ROUND  manner?

Thank you, Gentlemen!

#2 joe5

joe5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Corvallis Oregon

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

I just did the water pump on mine for the first time. The new one I got was round, not rectangular or flat. 

#3 mm88swrt

mm88swrt

oddball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • clatskanie, OR

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

What joe5 said. Its just a normal ol O ring. Nice and round. I have a full set of O rings and always just replace it when i tear into the motor

#4 TomRhere

TomRhere

Certified BRAT nut!!!

• Members
  • 3,977 posts
  • Hillsdale, Mi. USA

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

Just for the record.

Subaru part number 806927010 for the O-ring.

#5 rdweninger

rdweninger

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Tillamook, OR

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

My o-ring developed a leak back in 2001.   I coated it with some black rtv for a quick fix.   Now, 13 years later, Tom reminds me that I need to order one.  806927010.... 806927010... call dealer now... 806927010

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Water Pump, EA-82

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users