Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

uneven tire wear on a lifted rig?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nick1208

nick1208

New User

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Tacoma WA

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:24 AM

My tires in the front really like to pick up when I accelerate on 235x75x15 and a 4" lift. stock struts and springs. Any way to correct this lifting because it wears my tires on the outside a lot faster than it does on the inside. 

#2 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:09 AM

King springs helped because they were a stiffer spring but mine still lifts up a enough to wear the outside a bit . what is the degrees of the cut for your front strut lift blocks?

#3 nick1208

nick1208

New User

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Tacoma WA

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:56 AM

King springs helped because they were a stiffer spring but mine still lifts up a enough to wear the outside a bit . what is the degrees of the cut for your front strut lift blocks?

Whatever Scott cuts them to. I think 12 degrees right?

#4 Skylar

Skylar

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Puyallup, Wa

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

I think Ea82s are cut around 15-17°. There's really No way to avoid it, every lifted Subaru I've seen or had has done it. Your alignment could be off as well.

#5 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,606 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

check your toe in sounds like it needs some adjustment

#6 wagondragon

wagondragon

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Hillsboro Oregon

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

Go fast around corners? might contribute... i know from personal experience.  :D

#7 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

mine are cut to 17.5 degrees

#8 Vegablade

Vegablade

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • Concrete WA

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

Its the nature of how the FWD works when lifted.  Especially when you have the sway bar removed.  Mine are cut at 17º and it still lifts pretty bad when i get on it.  You can leave it in 4WD or just accelerate slower.  You already have accord springs which probably helps a little. Like Skylar said, I don't think there is a real good solution besides a transfer case and running it in 2WD rear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users