Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Getting monitors running for 99 Outback with EJ22 swap

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AdventureSubaru

AdventureSubaru

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • Scotts Valley, CA

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:22 PM

Trying to get this car smogged. 99 outback that had a bad 2.5 that now sports a 95 EJ22 EGR equipped so it matches.

No Check engine light. Runs great. gave it new plugs and wires. Idles smooth. No vac leaks.

All the monitors are up and going except the EVAP and EGR. Car has been driven about 80 miles of mixed highway and town driving. I only need one more monitor up before the car can be smogged. Is there any trick to getting these up and running?

Will the EVAP stay off since the lines are just looped on the EJ22? (Those of you with 2.2 swaps may know if it has stayed long term)

Anything to do besides just driving it?

#2 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,840 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:41 PM

Yes. Subaru has a TSB out with the quickest way to set all of the emissions monitors. I posted a thread a few years ago with info.

http://www.ultimates...ssions-testing/

Edited by Fairtax4me, 15 July 2014 - 11:50 PM.

#3 Pooparu

Pooparu

way too obsessed

• Members
  • 1,351 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:29 AM

Swap in a non egr ecu. That's what I did.

#4 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,259 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

I know that early OBD II models will never be ready.

there was a known issue where the monitors would reset after every key off.  I know becasue my 96 ALWAYs say not all systems ready......but still reads out codes and realtime data........just a software glich I think CA emmisions testing knows about and exempts the 96 model at least from the "readiness" factor...all other parameters must be met though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users