Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Suspension question

Howdy USMB members , I am a newbie from Australia and have a small family of Subuaru,s , an Rx Turbo sedan, my son,s running RS Lib turbo with fmic and Microtech management, eats WRX,s. He also has a Gen II Liberty/Legacy AWD, unmodified other than lowered springs and Gen 1 Rs whees and my Gen 1 AWD Liberty/legacy same again except for 16" WRX wheels and lowered springs.

Previously have owned 2 MY coupes which I miss, they are great liitle cars.

I have a question someone may be able to answer. Somtime ago i recall seeing a thread, and I think it originated from this forum which showed a chart of the "L" series Suspension specifications e.g. spring lengths rates etc. Any clues anybody?

On another note any of you U.S. guys running bigger power outputs with the EA82T,s what clutches are you useing. My son has chewed out 2 regular clutches in the last 18 months with approx 100kw ATW and being reasonably careful with his launches so I am told. Mind you thats a 24yr old telling his 56yr old dad the story.

Would appreciate any feed back you guys can give me.

Cheers

Majordad

I beleive you can find that chart here: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.phpt=12566&highlight=spring+ratesAlso, if you do some searches, or look at the strut and spring height in the chart, you can figure out which factory peices will lower your RX. I think the XT struts and springs will lower the car by an few cm's or so.

As for the clutches, clutchnet.com makes awesome clutches! I don't have one, but I'm planning on getting one, and as racing clutches go, they are relitively inexpensive! http://www.clutchnet.com/make/subaru.html