Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need to know which wires colors hook to ej22

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Suba_GL_87

Suba_GL_87

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • Central Oregon, Oregonian

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

It's 87 GL TBI;
I need to know; fuel pump wire is blue/red fuse box wire connect by ej22 wire (black/red)?
Want to see the fuel pump on.
Thanks

#2 ystrdyisgone

ystrdyisgone

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • MT

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

If you get the fuel pump wires hooked up and the pump still doesn't work, try grounding the fuel pump to the body near the pump. Mine wasn't grounding properly through the harness, but once I grounded it locally it fired right up.

#3 Suba_GL_87

Suba_GL_87

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • Central Oregon, Oregonian

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

If you get the fuel pump wires hooked up and the pump still doesn't work, try grounding the fuel pump to the body near the pump. Mine wasn't grounding properly through the harness, but once I grounded it locally it fired right up.

Which hook up fuel pump wire on fuse box or fuel pump control relay?
Yes, of course.. I did put on ground wire.

Edited by Suba_GL_87, 19 July 2014 - 06:32 PM.

#4 ystrdyisgone

ystrdyisgone

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • MT

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

Personally, I just ran a new wire from the fuel pump to the black/red coming out of the fuel pump relay. I didn't want to mess with trying to find the existing fuel pump wire under the dash. I just ran it under the back seat, under the carpet and under the door trim. Not the cleanest way to do it, but it works..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users