Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Subaru Sno-Way Snow Plow

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mechanical_misfit

Mechanical_misfit

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • Muskegon, MI

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

As the title says, I am curious about the plows that were once made for our old Subarus. 

Does anyone have any real experience with these? I've heard stories of different dealerships using them on their lots. I've also read about some townships using them as side walk plows. Unfortunatley, that is mostly just through the grape vine. 

I know Moosens has or had a few set ups. I've also heard other members have owned them as well. Any info, experiences, or discussion is appreciated. Pics are always nice too. 

I am interested because I have the ambition to build a Subaru plow car. I have a few small driveways that I feel could easily be tackled by my ea81 and dual range. I am experienced with plowing, and know how to not over work a clutch, although I'm expecting to hear a lot about them here. I'll start off with these pics for open discussion. 

6In9BTk.jpg

Rhix1p0.jpg

#2 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,290 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

Thanks for the post. Curious topic for me too.

Anybody want to buy one from me?

#3 Mechanical_misfit

Mechanical_misfit

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • Muskegon, MI

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:24 AM

I actually do, but wanted to find out more info before bothering you with an email full of questions. Other than it being a logistical nightmare, I would love to have one of those plows.

#4 Mechanical_misfit

Mechanical_misfit

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • Muskegon, MI

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

Bump. Anyone with any info?

#5 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,290 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

My experience here is next to nobody knows much about them. And there's plenty of folks who don't believe you can use one and not destroy your Subaru. But as we all can see they do exist and folks have used them.

#6 JuhaKankkunen

JuhaKankkunen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Argentina

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

I´ve only seen one mounted on an 99 Outback in CT, it´s works perfect but never in and old Subby!

#7 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,290 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

Holmgren Subaru - "The General" Tom Holmgren is the guy I bought my first rig from. He or they , used the Sno-Way on his dealership lot for years mounted on an 80's 4wd.

Nick from Motor Service in Hartford did the same. He wouldn't sell his fiberglass blade and had two set ups , the other a metal blade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users