Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Sno-Way Snow Plow

As the title says, I am curious about the plows that were once made for our old Subarus. 

Does anyone have any real experience with these? I've heard stories of different dealerships using them on their lots. I've also read about some townships using them as side walk plows. Unfortunatley, that is mostly just through the grape vine. 

I know Moosens has or had a few set ups. I've also heard other members have owned them as well. Any info, experiences, or discussion is appreciated. Pics are always nice too. 

I am interested because I have the ambition to build a Subaru plow car. I have a few small driveways that I feel could easily be tackled by my ea81 and dual range. I am experienced with plowing, and know how to not over work a clutch, although I'm expecting to hear a lot about them here. I'll start off with these pics for open discussion. 

6In9BTk.jpg

Rhix1p0.jpg

• Like 1

Holmgren Subaru - "The General" Tom Holmgren is the guy I bought my first rig from. He or they , used the Sno-Way on his dealership lot for years mounted on an 80's 4wd.

Nick from Motor Service in Hartford did the same. He wouldn't sell his fiberglass blade and had two set ups , the other a metal blade.