Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey guys I know there has to be something on here about makeing more power with the ej25 I have a 97 legacy LSI I already have the eBay short ram intake and a borla header back to a flow master 40 and when she was rebuilt I was told the punched her over 20 thousands and every thing was cleaned up nice is there anyway I can gain more power to the wheels any tips will be greatly appreciated thanks

PS as for miles it has 27k on the rebuild and 127 on body does have the wrx suspension thanks again

you'll never be satisfied if you want something that performs.

if you're doing it for fun, to tinker and play, for novelty and to tell friends it's a beast, "all show and no go", then do whatever you want.  it doesn't matter, the gains to be had are very minimal and not worth it unless you're "already in there" for something else so to speak.

playing with an NA engine always leaves you wanting otherwise, ends up being a constant cycle, trying, more work, more money....like you've already done - it'll just keep going that way and never end.

of course then a turbo engines opens up another obstacle....tweaking it - larger this leads to larger that leads to better flowing this leads to blown engines so you better get treated that, machined this....LOL

decide "how much" you want - and go make it happen.

Edited by grossgary

Yea I did some thinking and I'm going to wait it out until I get the next car looking at imprezas but after I get the new one I'll pull the motor work with the cams do the pullies and and if that's no big deal its something I am just doing for fun at least it will sound mean lol