Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

more power EJ25

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 legacy603

legacy603

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Keene NH

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Hey guys I know there has to be something on here about makeing more power with the ej25 I have a 97 legacy LSI I already have the eBay short ram intake and a borla header back to a flow master 40 and when she was rebuilt I was told the punched her over 20 thousands and every thing was cleaned up nice is there anyway I can gain more power to the wheels any tips will be greatly appreciated thanks

PS as for miles it has 27k on the rebuild and 127 on body does have the wrx suspension thanks again

#2 Mr.Atlantis

Mr.Atlantis

Advanced Member

• Gold Subscribers
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Milford, PA

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

More aggresive cams will play a huge role.  Plus anything taken from the shaft, i.e. replace harmonic balancer w/underdrive pulley, and/or a lighter flywheel.

#3 Mr.Atlantis

Mr.Atlantis

Advanced Member

• Gold Subscribers
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Milford, PA

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:46 PM

...or were you not planning on taking the motor out again?

#4 legacy603

legacy603

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Keene NH

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

I'm trying not to pull it again until I have another daily driver so I can take my time I was almost considering a turbo swap but still unsure about it

#5 Mr.Atlantis

Mr.Atlantis

Advanced Member

• Gold Subscribers
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Milford, PA

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

Ok.  Yeah, that will help.

#6 legacy603

legacy603

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Keene NH

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

Just not sure if I want to put in that much work or if I should just wait until tax time and go for the wrx

#7 987687

Rally Suby!

• Members
  • 3,599 posts
  • Northern Maine

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

The easiest way to do a turbo swap is to swap the whole car for one that came with a turbo.

#8 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,069 posts
  • WV

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

you'll never be satisfied if you want something that performs.

if you're doing it for fun, to tinker and play, for novelty and to tell friends it's a beast, "all show and no go", then do whatever you want.  it doesn't matter, the gains to be had are very minimal and not worth it unless you're "already in there" for something else so to speak.

playing with an NA engine always leaves you wanting otherwise, ends up being a constant cycle, trying, more work, more money....like you've already done - it'll just keep going that way and never end.

of course then a turbo engines opens up another obstacle....tweaking it - larger this leads to larger that leads to better flowing this leads to blown engines so you better get treated that, machined this....LOL

decide "how much" you want - and go make it happen.

Edited by grossgary, 24 July 2014 - 08:08 AM.

#9 legacy603

legacy603

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Keene NH

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

Yea I did some thinking and I'm going to wait it out until I get the next car looking at imprezas but after I get the new one I'll pull the motor work with the cams do the pullies and and if that's no big deal its something I am just doing for fun at least it will sound mean lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users