Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

SAABaru

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Chip

Chip

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Canada

Posted 11 May 2004 - 11:24 AM

Maybe I'm a week late and you've already seen this but Saab is selling a new model which is a "re-grilled" WRX...check it out !!

http://www.pbs.org/m...ek/search.shtml

#2 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:01 PM

http://www.ultimates...&highlight=saab
http://www.ultimates...&highlight=saab

Theres more, but those were the 2 most involved ones I think..

PS.. and its a little more than a 'regrilled' WRX.. Saab finally did something about the crappy suspension and steering :)

#3 canedog18

canedog18

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Raleigh,NC

Posted 12 May 2004 - 02:45 PM

Okay, I may be behind the times here, did GM buy Subaru as well as Saab? When did this happen? aaaahhhhhhh

#4 Guest_lothar34_*

Guest_lothar34_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2004 - 03:20 PM

GM owns about 20% of Fuji Heavy Industries.

#5 kevinsUBARU

kevinsUBARU

hi

• Members
  • 2,964 posts
  • Ulster County

Posted 12 May 2004 - 04:28 PM

and GM owns Saab

#6 wrxsubaru

wrxsubaru

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • Seattle Washington US

Posted 13 May 2004 - 12:06 AM

I never knew that saab changed the suspension or sterring at all. Is there a article on this.

#7 Guest_lothar34_*

Guest_lothar34_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2004 - 12:46 AM

I never knew that saab changed the suspension or sterring at all. Is there a article on this.

There's a review on autospies:
http://www.autospies...99&categoryId=8

There are lots of pics too, so beware if you're on 56k.

I thought there was a review on edmunds.com too, but it looks like they're having site troubles right now.

#8 subarubrat

subarubrat

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,238 posts
  • Bealeton, VA

Posted 13 May 2004 - 02:03 AM

This travesty was concieved and executed by utter and complete rump roast-hats who are smearing their filth all over a fine car. That unreliable brand that is so visually displeasing that I want to tear out my eyes and batter them in powdered chlorine after looking at one. And further, the blue ribbon of breakdowns and failures will be pinned on the piss poor makeover conducted by the Tammy Fae Baker of the automotive engineering set. Their interior makeover also gives one all the tactile pleasures of handeling a used Coney Island whitefish. The whole concept is as corrupt as recieving the french arts from Bea Arthur, yes the core performance may be there but the package is so deformed you cannot possibly enjoy it. Like a Cuban cigar smuggled in the the most notrorious of body cavities there is no way to savor the inner flavor without being overwhelmed by the tainted packaging.

#9 camosuba

camosuba

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Brisbane Australia

Posted 13 May 2004 - 05:40 AM

are you saying you don't like it ?:-\

#10 BeerHeart

BeerHeart

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Richmond, Virginia

Posted 14 May 2004 - 07:19 PM

Very descriptive. Dude you are as expressive with cutting words as you are with metal. I think you nailed the concept of the Saab-raped soob on all levels. Picture perfect painting of abslolute revulsion. Textbook Approach-Avoidance scenario.

#11 WoodsWagon

WoodsWagon

Formerly 91Loyale

• Members
  • 3,945 posts
  • NH

Posted 14 May 2004 - 09:20 PM

Why? :confused: Why do such a dirty thing to such a nice car? What was FHI thinking? That Saad is going to cut into thir market and slander their name. I hve never liked Saads and to see them get their grubby fingers on a Subaru is so... distressing. I'm not eloquent like subarubrat in expressing my loss.

#12 Guest_lothar34_*

Guest_lothar34_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2004 - 11:28 PM

Why? :confused: Why do such a dirty thing to such a nice car? What was FHI thinking? That Saad is going to cut into thir market and slander their name. I hve never liked Saads and to see them get their grubby fingers on a Subaru is so... distressing. I'm not eloquent like subarubrat in expressing my loss.

FHI is still selling the cars, just to SAAB instead of consumers. The people who have a real reason to be mad are the Subaru dealers.

#13 timn29

timn29

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • arlington, texas

Posted 15 May 2004 - 11:42 AM

I'm about to get pummeled for this, but I think the Saab 92-X is nice. I DO agree that thus redesign would cause pain for Subaru dealers because Saab is going to sell Subaru's awesome AWD and engine design out from under Subaru. The only bad reviews I've read about the WRX is that the ride is a bit rough, and if Saab can improve on what seems to be the the only con to buying a WRX then that is a major selling point for Saab. So, yeah, this sucks more for Subaru than anyone else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users