Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I ordered a replacement switch from the dealer because my keys are getting stuck trying to turn the car off to pull out the keys all I've seen here was talk about the headless security screws but besides those I assume once you take that out the switch comes right out?

You replaced the lock cylinder? Did you replace the key as well?

I've seen them be very difficult and very easy. Haven't done one on a Subaru yet.

The headless screws aren't that difficult to deal with. A couple whacks with a small flat punch is sufficient to make a notch for a flat screwdriver. Then they can be replaced with a regular hex or socket cap screw. Worst comes to worst a hack saw takes care of them pretty easy. Or a dremel if you can maneuver it into place.

I never had to take any screws out, you just press a pin on the side of the switch and it pops out.. it really only took 5 min at that.

That's great....but it doens't change the electrical aspect one lick.

IIRC, you were having electrical issues with starting.......did you actually replace the switch too?