Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 Hitachi Carb: Looking for pictures of (Read to find out) ;p

Alright, so I am going to remove a couple unneeded things on the old Hitachi ('83 Coupe to be exact) but I do need some photos of their locations as I forgot whats what. Done some searching and I did pull up GDs old Hitachi thread, but the photo links have been broken, so no images to go with all the text.

Here are the 3 things I am looking for.

Anti-Afterburn Valve

Thermo Vacuum Valve

Metering Port Vacuum Control Valves

If someone could post a photo that would really be tops!

Thanks,

-Tom

I don't have pictures of the things you mention but I do have labeled pictures of an '83 Hitachi with the things you need to keep from another thread.  You can do some process of elimination.

2c5cea62-b156-4653-9d88-3b3f83945299_zps0ce705ff.jpg

25ff2b47-bb18-4a98-9191-62d7374e8072_zps1c1841c1.jpg

ce7f8769-1caf-408b-8bba-4d7ffa131c18_zps79400717.jpg

e11cf85f-9c54-4c1a-a172-95c4b1499529_zps92d75edd.jpg

• Like 1

Alrighty, so here are some pictures from mine. Can someone please tell me what these items are.

This one has two vac lines running two it and is on the driver side of the air filter.

2014_0730AA.jpg

This one is under the air filter and next to the Thermostat housing pretty much under the throttle cable plate.

2014_0730AE.jpg

This is on the passenger side and ties into the the header block, in-fact there are two of these, the other is on the driver side. I know its for emissions, but forgot what this is called.

2014_0730AF.jpg

This one is above the thermostat housing on the passenger side, it has two vac lines that run to it.

2014_0730AG.jpg

This is on the driver side and one of the vac lines runs to the Carb and the other runs to another unit under this one.

2014_0730AH.jpg

2014_0730AI.jpg

I think these may be the Metered port control valves as they bolt to the intake, and both feed other components. Am I right?

2014_0730AJ.jpg

Both of these are on the passenger side firewall.

2014_0730AL.jpg

And lastly, this is on the driver side closest to the valve cover.

2014_0730AM.jpg

Help with any of this will be indeed wonderful! I am trying to make the Hitachi as simple as possible by following GDs old post, but the photo links are dead so I have no idea what is what.

-Tom

Thank you Ferox for posting these photos, they do really help decipher what is not needed on the carb. I've removed a few things so far as you can see below, I will need to get some Vacuum caps since I can't find the ones I had lol. I will also be using some Expansion plugs for the larger ports (Like in the Air Filter housing ect)

So these must be the Metering Port Vacuum Control Valves

2014_0730AQ.jpg

And here are I believe to be the Anti-Afterburn Valves with plumbing and silencers?

2014_0730AP.jpg

So far I think I'm headed in the right direction.

• 9 months later...